New Spa Opening November 2023
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type: Permanent
Deadline for applying this job is 30th September 2023.
We are looking for qualified Spa Therapist/Facialist (skincare specialist or facial technician). Responsible for providing non-surgical skin care treatments and anti-ageing therapies to help enhance the clients appearance and boost skin health. And will also provide other wellness therapies body treatments and waxing. And will advice clients on suitable skincare.
- Examine and Diagnose the skin by using for example a magnifying lamp or visor or visia scans to determine health of skin and determine any form of damage and areas for attention.
- Provide facials which involve cleansing, exfoliating, massage, masks, peels and use of skin products like toners, serums and moisturisers etc.
- Educate clients by advising on good skincare regimen, use of SPFs and daily routines to avoid premature skin ageing.
- Deliver advanced skin care treatments such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, mesotherapy, micro-needling, IPL skin rejuvenation, lymphatic drainage, fractional skin resurfacing, derma rollers and radio frequency when applicable.
- Look out for skin diseases, conditions and disorders, the more serious of which can be referred to a dermatologist or GP.
- Advise on and deal with skin complaints like pigmentation and acne including tips on diet and lifestyle, homecare etc.
- Assess each client’s skin condition, appearance and other characteristics then advise clients about skin care in general and how to care for problem areas in particular.
- Deliver a variety of spa services (body treatments, massages and waxing) in a safe and comfortable manner.
- Assist in the operation of the spa and to have knowledge of all Spa treatments.
- Work within the time guidelines of each treatment ensuring that the highest standard of client care is practised.
- Behave in a discreet and confidential manner, adhering to the SOP.
- Ensure that all SOP’s are adhered to.
- Be knowledgeable on all facilities, products, and treatments offered within the Spa, informing the client of availability when requested.
- Responsible for the room “turn around” cleanliness and set up and adhering to the SOP’s.
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and tidiness are adhered to in the treatment rooms at all times.
- Ensure that all the treatment rooms are well equipped and with clean linens. And assist to clear dirty linens after treatments.
- Ensure that grooming SOP is adhered too.
- Maintain a High level of product knowledge, services offered and understand all product ingredients and effectively explain their features, benefits and results to guests. Be able to answer all guest questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of 5 years proven, hands on experience in Advance Skin Care and in massage techniques and body therapies.
- Must understand safety procedures and how to clean and disinfect implements.
- Must understand the different skin types and how to care for each, as well as how various treatments could affect the skin.
- Communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- Certificate or Diploma in wholistic Therapies.
- CPR and First Aid certification will be an advantage
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.